Saturday morning rambling

It's a Saturday morning and I'm sitting on my back porch enjoying the quiet before the day starts. It's cool enough that I still need a hoodie and I'm soaking that up because those mornings will be gone in a week or so. I'm trying to convince myself to go for a run after I finish this cup of coffee, but let's be honest, it probably won't happen.

I still love this house. I love it. I have so many plans for things I want to do with it, but money doesn't grow on trees so I'm practicing patience. Why can't I ever slow down and be happy in the in between?

Murphy's laying in the yard chewing on a toy. It's a rare moment of solitude for him. He turned a year old this week. I hope that means more solitude is in our future.

All I have planned today is to lay by the pool and read a book. It's okay, you can be jealous. I'm going to a beach wedding in a few weeks and pasty white never looks good on the beach.

Things have been quiet around here because I really don't have much to say. Everything is going great right now, but for some reason, something feels off. I can't place what it is. I just feel restless.

Truthfully, I think in spite of many blessings lately, there's this voice in my head reminding me of all I'm lacking. I haven't lost that weight I planned to lose. I don't have this, what if that happens. I'm trying to quiet the lies with Truth,  but the worry is still nagging me. I just need to let it go; always easier said than done.




Comments

Popular Posts