Snow day, where are you?

I’m not a lover of the cold, so winter is never my favorite season. With this Texas blood running through my veins, I embrace a mild winter. But if I were granted a request for the weather, is a very brief cold snap too much to ask? 

I would just really like a few days of wintry mix, preferably on a weekday, to shut everything down and hit the pause button.

I’ve started this year trying to be very intentional, and one my goals is to stop over committing. I’m tired of doing so many things that I don’t do anything well. This year, I’m working on that balance between spending life with people, but also taking time to be home and recharge. So far, a month into this new year, I’ve made strides.

But there’s something about a winter weather day that’s such a lovely little surprise and chance to reset. I would stay in pajamas the entire day, drink nearly a pot of coffee all by myself and watch a movie, maybe Rocky or Lonesome Dove – something really nostalgic.

 I would read a book, not talk to a single soul and I wouldn’t feel a bit guilty about it because I think that’s why God made snow days. If I could scrounge up enough ingredients, I would bake cookies. I’m sure that I wouldn’t have any chocolate chips in the pantry, so it would probably be sugar cookies or whatever other random recipe I could pull together.  If I was feeling like too much of a sloth, I would organize my linen closet.


I have no idea why I’m thinking about this; maybe because it’s February and I haven’t needed to wear a coat all year long. Maybe because I’m nursing my fourth cold since October but it’s seventy degrees outside, for the love. 

Whatever the reason I'm dreaming about a snow day, come on February, I've got high hopes for you. Just give me a snow day, that's all I ask of you. 




Comments

Popular Posts