Recapping my trip to Georgia

Fair warning, this post is basically nothing but baby pictures.

So I've been on vacation for the last glorious eight days. Monday is looming over my head, but I'm trying to pretend it's not there.

Last Friday, as in eight days ago, I left for Georgia to visit this precious, squishy six month old. I went to visit my sister, too, but lately this boy's the main attraction.

While I was there, we went swimming, had movie nights, went on a few walks, took Maggie to the dog park, and basically navigated the baby's sleeping and eating schedule. 

I took lots of naps, which only happens when I'm on vacation. If I'm at home, it's like my brain just can't turn off the to-do list. Sidenote: It looks like I'm wearing a retainer and possibly drooling in this picture. While I'm not wearing a retainer, it's possible I was drooling. However, because Jack looks angelic in this picture, I'm submitting it to be admired by my vast audience of readers.

On Monday, we drove to the charming little town of Thomasville, Georgia and visited the cutest little bookstore I've ever seen. Really, it was so cozy and why can't we have a store like that in my town? I bought a cookbook that I've been coveting for a while and Katy bought a book she heard about on a podcast. Apparently, it's a fiction book about dysfunctional families and she was drawn to it because she relates to the topic. I could be offended by this, but it's a fair statement.

We went to Thomasville on Monday, which turned out to be a bad decision because almost every restaurant and many of the shops were closed on Mondays. A poor barista at the coffee shop may have been a victim of my "hanger" when I tried to order a sandwich and she informed my they had stopped serving lunch for the day. But I digress; the main reason that Monday was the wrong day for Thomasville is because on Wednesday, Erin Napier from Hometown (a Fixer-Upper-type TV show) was in Thomasville and I missed my opportunity to be a fan girl!

In real life, if I saw her at The Bookshelf, I never would have spoken to her, but I would have had a private fan girl moment while hiding behind a bookshelf as she recorded this Instastory. But anyways, we just missed her.


On my last day, we went to the Georgia Aquarium, which was actually my first time to an aquarium, then I hopped on a plane and came home.

And now I'm sitting on my patio, soaking up the last few hours of my weekend. Oh man, I'm not ready for the Monday morning grind. My goal this week is to stay on top of my time management so that I have evenings free to pause and enjoy my week instead of living for Friday.

And if that doesn't work, this coming weekend will be a four-day holiday weekend, so come on Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts