Murphy Tales

On my goal list for this month, I planned to write five blog posts in July. So I have six more days to write four posts. All I can say is procrastinating has gotten me this far in life.

So let's see, I can A.) tell you a story about how I've been dieting, I mean living a healthy lifestyle, for 30 miserable days and haven't lost a single pound. Or B.) I can tell you a story about how my dog almost killed me last night.

Well of course I'm gonna tell the second story.

What happened was...last night, I was running on the treadmill and Murphy was standing and watching me. He's terrified of the treadmill, so he was standing on the other side of the room watching, while I'm in a dead run. Meanwhile, he manages to back into a gardening hoe that I had leaning against the wall. So the gardening hoe falls over on him, and he's running away from it like it's about to kill him. Which is how he ended up on the treadmill with me.

 In a split second, I grabbed the handlebars and jumped over him, and the belt threw him off the back of the treadmill. Somehow, I managed to turn the treadmill off and jump onto the ground and my automatic instinct was to yell at my already terrified dog who's now stuck between the treadmill and the wall. So I yelled, possibly screamed, at him, "What are you doing? Get out of here!" and trembling, he jumps back on the treadmill so he can get out of the corner, but the belt hadn't completely stopped, so it threw him off again.

My poor dog. He was already afraid of the treadmill, but now he won't even come in the sunroom if the treadmill's on. Anyhow, that's how I almost died last night. And yes, I did feel guilty for yelling at Murph and gave him some snuggles after I cooled down.

In other Murphy stories, this morning I couldn't find him. I was calling him and he wouldn't come. I didn't see him anywhere in the backyard and I started worrying that maybe he was still mad at me over the whole treadmill incident and had ran away.  Then I looked down this little side yard and found this.


He was watching the kids playing next door. How could I be mad at this cuteness?
And now I also feel guilty that he doesn't have kids to play with. Anybody want to lend me their kid? I promise I won't yell at them.

Comments

Popular Posts