The end of an era

A few weeks ago, Erin and I packed up our apartment, ending a two-year chapter of our lives. I know God put us together for a reason and I think we've both learned so much from each other.

Our cozy little apartment has been a haven for both of us. I loved nesting and decorating that little place. I loved sitting on the couch on Saturday mornings, drinking coffee and watching Gilmore Girls. I'll always remember decorating our Christmas trees each year and spending Christmas Eve together.



































And I'll never forget the time we found ourselves sitting on the curb in the wee hours of the morning, Erin huddling over her cat's crate, while firemen tramped through the place. Since then, I've learned to set a timer when I boil eggs. 





































I wish I'd taken more pictures to remember it by, because I think we'll always look back at that time and treasure it.



















But time brings change and we both were being pulled new directions. I'd decided this was the year I would get a dog, and it wasn't happening in an apartment. Erin has no need for a house and chose to move to a smaller apartment. While it's hard to close a chapter that's been so good, change is what moves life forward. And I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.




















So long, EB House. Thanks for the memories.

Comments

Popular Posts