I'm Back!

It's been a while. I won't even begin to recap everything I've been up to because who has time for that? I'll just mention last weekend, which was busier than usual. 

I'm almost 30 days into the challenge and as part of that, we had a "throwdown" at the gym on Friday night. Basically, it was just a really intense WOD (workout) where we invite friends to watch us suffer. Katy and Mitchell were in town, so they came and watched me go through the WOD that I wondered if I would survive. I have to admit, it really helped having people cheer me on. No, I did not win, but I wasn't last. Then I celebrated surviving with pizza at Bruno's. 

We'd planned to host Haley's baby shower on Saturday, but Haley's father-in-law unexpectedly passed away a few days before. So instead of having a baby shower, we drove to Austin and attended the funeral. It's doesn't seem fair that they are dealing with such grief in the midst of such joy, but I'm thankful the LORD gives even when He takes away.  

Although I wish it was under different circumstances, a road trip together was a first for the Myers-Edwards four. 

After the funeral, we were a few blocks from the capitol, so we walked around for a while, had dinner, then made the drive home. It was a long day and we pulled in the driveway around midnight. 

 Haley is due in a few weeks, so we decided to move her baby shower to Sunday. So Sunday afternoon, we pulled everything together and setup for the baby shower. I wish I had pictures, but I didn't take any. Just trust me when I say it was adorable. Now we're ready to meet sweet Rollins in a few weeks!

We're setting up for a convention at work, so I will be working through the weekend. It will be busy, but should be fun!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts