Christmas Marathon Part 2

And now for the conclusion of the Christmas Marathon:

I spent Christmas day at my Mom's house. Katy spent Christmas with Mitchell's family, so it was just me, my mom and my grandmother. My grandmother's dressing is my favorite and I finally had her show me how to make it. Now I need to write it down so I don't forget by next year. 

Then we opened presents and I was completely spoiled. My big gift was a Michael Kors watch, which I wasn't expecting at all, but I'm in love with it. 

Later that evening, it started snowing, which never happens in Texas! I don't know if I ever recall having snow on Christmas. It was like a Hallmark movie! And I didn't get pictures of the snow either. But don't worry, all 312 of my Facebook friends posted it's-snowing-in-Tyler! pictures, so all is well. 

We spent the rest of the evening being lazy and watching Christmas movies. After all the craziness, I was thankful for a quiet, relaxing Christmas day.

But wait, there's more...

So the next day was my Mom's 50th birthday. I've been planning a surprise birthday party for a while now and it has been very hard for me to keep it under wraps. Katy came in that morning, which we had planned with Mom. I was running around like a crazy person that morning getting things ready for the party. I had decorations and food that I had to get together and take to our friend Shannon's house, which was where the party would be. Meanwhile, Mom was texting me every 5 seconds asking me where I was. 

I finally made it to Mom's an hour late and we had Christmas with Katy and Mitchell. We had slyly worked in plans to go over to Shannon's that night, then go to dinner. The surprise went off without a hitch. Mom walked in the back door and all her friends were there and she was completely surprised! The party was decorated so cute and I'm sad I didn't take any pictures after all my planning! Steven helped me put together a video with pictures of my mom through the years and a list of lessons Mom taught me and Katy.Some were funny and some were special. I'm debating posting it because some of the pictures of me are slightly embarrassing. We'll see. 

Anyway, it was a great party and I know my Mom felt special even if she was a little uncomfortable in the spotlight. Planning this party for my mom has really made me think about how special it is to have longtime friends who have traveled life with you. Being a faithful friend is something my mom has always been good at and I can see the many ways it has blessed her life. I hope I can be more like that. 

So that was finally the end of the Christmas Marathon and I could finally relax. It was a very blessed holiday and despite my complaining, I really did enjoy it. However, I have learned my lesson; next year I will slow down and reflect on the true meaning of Christmas!

The End. 








 

Comments

  1. No! I vote that you DON'T post the slide show...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be relieved to know I've decided not to :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts