Nothing here but complaining

I'm sorry, I know it's annoying, but I've just got to complain for a minute. I am so tired. I'm wishing I was back on the beach right about now. I have been going nonstop every single day and there is no end in sight until Christmas is over. I was looking for new Christmas stockings today and realized how foolish it is that I'm trying to make my house look pretty for Christmas and I'm never home to enjoy it.

Anyway, enough of that. I do realize how incredibly trivial this is, but I just had to vent. The truth is, I can't think of anything else to write about lately. As busy as life has been the last few weeks, I don't have anything exciting to report. I've done nothing but work and run monotonous errands that I wouldn't bore anyone with.

We have finally gotten some cold weather so it actually feels like Christmas. I've treasured the rare moments I've been able to sit by the fire this week.

 I hope at least one night this holiday season I'll be able to snuggle up by the fire and watch some Christmas movies. If hearing Jimmy Stewart yell "Merry Christmas everybody!" doesn't put you in the Christmas spirit, I think you might be a Scrooge. And there's something so nostalgic to me about Home Alone. I remember watching it many times as a kid and now I love watching it and realizing how much has changed. By the way, Home Alone came out 22 years ago. That is CRAZY and makes me feel so old.

Before Christmas is over, I also want to make some gingerbread ornaments for my tree. Growing up, we had gingerbread hearts on our tree and I always loved them. So I was excited when I found a picture on Pinterest that reminded me of them. 

I need to post some pictures of my tree buy I have not mastered the technique of photographing Christmas lights. I'll try to take a picture during the day. 

Well, enough complaining for one day. I'll try to bring the joy tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts