The Month of Mondays

I'm not complaining, but January isn't my favorite month of the year. It's that month where the checking account is recovering from Christmas, your jeans fit a little tighter, and you're taking care of dentist appointments, oil changes, tire rotations, checkups and so forth. It's like a month of Mondays. But it will be over soon and personally I think February is a great month. 

So I signed up for the challenge at my gym. On Saturday we had to take an underwater BMI test. I know I'm a little ditzy, but I didn't know this involved actually getting in water...in a swimsuit...in January. Let's just say it wasn't my best look and was further motivation for me to do this challenge. 

I don't know all the specifications, but we are assigned to teams and have to follow a paleo diet (lean meats, veggies, fruit and nuts) for 90 days. If we cheat, we have to write on the board at the gym what we cheated on. I'm not sure if there will be any other penalty for cheating. 

We also have to set a fitness goal, as in something we want to improve on. My goal will be to do double-unders with the jump rope. At the end, our BMI will be tested again. It hasn't been announced what the qualifications are to win, but I'm sure it's some combination of weight loss, BMI results and fitness challenges met. 

I'm excited to do this because despite my best efforts with my New Years resolution, I already found myself slipping into the same old habits. I would eat healthy for about four days, then one cheat day would turn into three cheat days. I think this challenge is exactly what I need to get serious. 

The challenge starts tomorrow, which means I've been stuffing my cheeks like a chipmunk this weekend. I'm almost embarrassed to admit my diet has consisted of Oreos, ice cream, macaroni and cheese and Dr. Peppers this weekend. Oh, Dr. Pepper, how I will miss thee. 

Anyway, this week I will be making a wedding and groom's cake for my friend Sarah Jane's wedding on Saturday. I have made one wedding cake before, but nothing of this magnitude, so I'm super nervous about it. I'm praying these cakes won't end up on cakewrecks.com. 

I don't think I will be tempted to sample the cakes, because when I'm decorating cakes, I'm really just over tasting them. But some of the recipes I'm using are new to me, so I need to sample them. Not sure what I'll do about that. Maybe have someone else critique them. 

It's a long week ahead. I'll try to check in every now and then. 


Comments

Popular Posts