The Office

It's been a cold week with freezing rain, but not enough to keep everyone home from work. In this kind of weather, I'd rather stay home by the fire, but I've kept my resolution and made it to the gym at least four days out of the week. I signed up to run a 5k in April, so I've got to start training. I've done well eating healthy during the week, but blew it over the weekend. Story of my life. My gym's about to start a 90 day nutrition challenge which involves almost no cheating for 90 days and being accountable to a team. I'm trying to decide if I want to commit.

Over the weekend, between getting my carb fix, I rearranged  my office at work. I basically have a corner in the workroom where the printer and file cabinets are located. Ever since I moved in, the furniture has been arranged with my back to the door. I couldn't take it anymore, so on Saturday and rearranged the furniture, which also involved unplugging and untangling approximately 3,056,432 cords. It took me two hours to get everything hooked up again and working properly.

Anyway, my office is completely drab with fluorescent overhead lights and brown carpet. Since I spend 40 hours per week here, I'm determined to make it cozier. But it's challenging because I can't make any permanent changes like paint color or light fixtures.
                                                        
                                                          Welcome to my lovely office.


While I have visions of it looking like this:


  I know it would take an office transplant rather than a makeover to make this happen. So, I'm trying to think of some simple additions to improve things. I went shopping Saturday afternoon but changed my mind on my selections and took everything back.

My ideas are to make a long chalkboard to go above the console behind my desk, arrange the console to be more aesthetically pleasing, add a lamp, bring in some greener and if I can afford it, buy baskets to go in the overhead shelf. What I'm stuck on right now is what to do with the space beside my desk. It needs something but I don't want to add anything that will make it look too busy. I'm considering small hanging shelves like the Pinterest office above, but I'm afraid it will look cluttered. I'm going to think about this a few days and probably get some advice from friends before I do anything.

After photos coming soon sometime.




Comments

Popular Posts