The Boy

There's a new man in my life and he's quite handsome...



Last week, I was searching online and found a local breeder who had the cutest litter of German Shorthaired Pointers on his website. So I emailed him and asked if the 2 males were still available. That night, I got an email back from him that said they were still available, but he was taking them to his partner's in Ennis the next morning. He said if I was interested, I could come out that night and look at them. So that's how I ended up writing a check for a dog at 10:30 on a weeknight. 


Honestly, it was a done deal from the minute I saw him. His name is Murphy, because he's obviously a Texas Rangers fan and Murphy fit him better than anyone else on the roster. He is the sweetest dog and loves to cuddle. I'm loving it right now, although I'm concerned I could end up with a wimpy dog when he's a little older. We'll be working on that.  



I'm still in my apartment for three more weeks, and I can't have him in my apartment. Management has a very strict policy about that. So I've been keeping him at my mom's house, which is 20 miles away. She's been really great about helping me out with him and I've been out there every evening spending time with him. Everyday on my lunch break, I've made a made dash to her house to let him out of his crate for 20 minutes before I have to get back to work. I'm exhausted. And I've burned a half tank of gas in three days. 

But he has been worth it and I'm glad the boy is mine. I think I'll keep him. 



Comments

Popular Posts