Memories Made

Well, I finally got out of town for the weekend. I got off work at 4 on Saturday, ran home, packed a bag and hit the road to spend the rest of the weekend with Katie.

We didn't have tickets in advance, but we decided to take our chances with the Rangers game. There was a good chance of rain, so I figured the tickets wouldn't be sold out. Yeah, I was wrong. We got to the counter and the ticket lady, who didn't seem to enjoy her job, informed us the game was sold out except a few $50 tickets she had left. I am willing to pay good money for good seats, but not that night. We had already paid for parking, so we decided to get in another line and see if the friendlier ticket lady would offer us something else. She told us she had $34 seats with an obstructed view. Katie and I were looking at each other, about to pass, when the nice ticket lady tells us to wait, she may have something to give us. Then she hands us a buy one get one free coupon! I'm glad we were persistent and thankful for that sweet lady. The seats turned out to be pretty nice and the view wasn't too bad. You just had to lean a little to see third base. Unfortunately, the Rangers lost, but it was still a good game. I'm glad I finally made it to the ballpark this season, and the weather was perfect.

After the game, we went back to Katie's house. This was my first time to see her new house and I love it. We have similar decorating tastes, so I like all the colors she's picked and changes she's made. She has a cozy little patio where she's added cute little lights and a hammock. The weather was cool, so we sat out there and talked on into the night. It was nice to catch up and I can't wait to spend a week together cruising. (I think I've mentioned I'm going on a cruise at the end of October?)

Sunday morning was cold and rainy. I would have loved this, but I didn't bring warm enough clothes, so I was shivering all day. I went to church with Katie, then we went to lunch and spent the afternoon shopping. We spent a large chunk of our time in The Container Store, a place that nourishes the OCD in me.

If I could win a shopping spree anywhere, next to Target, The Container Store would be my pick. I love finding all the little organizational gadgets I've never thought of. Cabinet mounts for your blowdryer and curling irons! I need that! Dividers for your sock drawer! Okay, maybe I don't need that.

The only item I purchased was a little tray to that hangs inside the cabinet door under the kitchen sink to store dishwashing stuff. Clutter around the sink drives me crazy, so it's given me a ridiculous amount of joy this week to not see all those brushes, sponges and stoppers around the sink anymore.

After shopping, we finished up the day at the Cheesecake factory. Then I grabbed some Starbucks and headed home. I got home late and I was tired on Monday. But the memories made and time spent with a good friend made everything worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts