Rambling about Chinese food

So, here I am again, days since I've blogged. I've been so busy, it's hard keeping up! I helped Mom with her garage sale and it was very successful. She made $800 on junk out of her house! I'm really happy it was successful and even happier it's over.

No lie, a garage sale is hard work. I found this guy on Craig's List who came and hauled away everything that was left, so at least we didn't have to load everything back up. But I felt sorry for him, because there was truly nothing left but junk. I have no idea what he is planning on doing with it. Maybe he's an addictive hoarder and we've contributed to his problem, who knows.

Why is it that when you look like crap, you always run into people you know? On Saturday I rolled out of bed to work the garage sale. I hadn't washed my hair in two days and I had a sinus infection. So I was looking, you know, special. I really don't mind if friends see me that way because I know they love me anyway. But people kept showing up at the garage sale I hadn't seen in years. This one girl I went to elementary school with, a popular girl, came by and she was looking all cute in her running shorts, browsing our junk. I could have easily sat in the corner with my greasy hair, minding my own business,  and she'd never have recognized me. But no, that wouldn't do. My mother just has to strike up a conversation with her..."you remember Holly don't you?". It'd be great if my lawn chair could have swallowed me at that very moment. Thanks Mom, thanks.

Saturday night I had to work an event for my new job and didn't get home until midnight, so I was exhausted after an early morning with the garage sale.

 I went to church this morning. I'm very proud of myself because I made it to Sunday school for the first time in longer than I care to admit. Never mind that I was 30 minutes late, at least I made it. Right?

After church I went by Brookshires and did my grocery shopping. Brookshires used to have Chinese food that I loved, but a few years ago they switched companies and it was gross, so I quit getting it. Mings became my new favorite takeout. But Brookshires has been advertising that after numerous requests, they have the old company back for Chinese takeout. So, I decided to give it a try today and it was not the takeout of my nostalgic memories. Mings will remain my go-to for takeout. And I can't believe I just wrote a whole paragraph about Chinese food. My life is so exciting.

Anyway, so my Sunday afternoon was fabulous. I ate Chinese takeout in my pajamas whilst watching Beverly Hills 90210 (don't judge) with Erin. Then I took a two hour guilt-free nap, which I hadn't done in ages. And tonight I did laundry and completed a few lessons for an online class I'm taking. I'm feeling a little lazy, but ready for Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts