The Day Off

Today's a Friday, but it kind of feels like a Monday because I had yesterday off from work. Since I worked an event last Saturday, I was given Thursday off. That was an unexpected little perk to my week.

I wanted to spend the day productively so I went to my usual 5:15 a.m. class at the gym. Then I came home and thought I'd lay across my bed for about 30 minutes before I got busy with all my plans. Four hours later, I woke up from one of those heavy sleeps where you wake up wondering where you are and what day it is. Oh well, I guess I needed the sleep.

I spent the rest of the day checking off a mile-long checklist. I love lists. Writing down every little item and crossing through every single one makes me so happy. I spent the morning deep cleaning the house; dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the baseboards and cleaning out the microwave. And yes, I crossed every little chore off my checklist.

That afternoon, I picked up a fun gift for a gender reveal party I'm going to on Saturday. We're supposed to bring diapers and wipes, but I wanted to do something more meaningful. Haley and Steven are some of my dearest friends, so I wanted to get something they could keep. I bought some of my favorite children's books to give them and I thought I'd write little notes on the inside covers.

I know a gender reveal party is very trendy right now, but this is the first time I've ever been to one. I actually like this trend. I feel like life brings enough worries and "stuff" that when you've been given joy, you should celebrate it. What's worth celebrating more than a baby? I can't wait to find out if Baby Campbell is a boy or a girl!

I really need fall clothes, so I spent the evening torturing myself trying on clothes. Why is it that when you're actually shopping for clothes, you can't find anything and nothing fits right? But when you're trying not to shop, everything looks great? It was a very depressing evening and it just got worse when I tried on jeans. Big mistake. Oh well, I guess it just wasn't my day.

I realize my day sounds really boring, but I enjoyed spending it doing what I wanted to do. Anyway, I guess I'll wrap up this rambling post, if I could only think of a title. Since most of my writing is rambling about my day, I've had a hard time coming up with titles. I've thought about naming them like an episode of Friends. "The one with"...the garage sale, the job, etc. If I run out of ideas, which is likely, I may have to give it a try.

Comments

Popular Posts