Labor Day Weekend

The last few days I've been getting in the swing of things with my new job. On Friday, I got to leave work at 3:30 since it was a holiday weekend. It was so odd to have the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted. I ended up going to my mom's house and helping her organize some stuff for a garage sale. I didn't accomplish anything on Saturday. On Sunday, I went to church, then washed my car and went to the lake with Erin. Going for a sunset cruise on the barge was a nice way to end the day.

On Monday, I did a little shopping and bought several things I needed but have been putting off. I bought fall candles and they smell fabulous. Fall scents make me so happy! Apple cider, creamy pumpkin, caramel latte...I just can't get enough! I can't wait for those cool, crisp days when I can leave the windows open and burn one of my new candles.

Mom and I also went to a flea market on Monday and I bought an end table. I've been looking for a table to go in my living room for a while and this one was just what I had in mind. And the price wasn't too bad. Now all I have to do is paint it this weekend and it will be perfect.

This morning was the first day in our brand new gym. It's so different than what I've been used to, but I think I'll like it. We have been working out in the semi-outdoors in a warehouse. This is indoors and the lights were so much brighter than I'm used to at 5:15 in the morning. But it was cool to be one of the first people to work out in the building. Oh, and I deadlifted 30 pounds more than my previous 1 rep max! I couldn't believe it when I added up the weights! I'll probably say this all the time, but I love Crossfit.

Today started week 2 at work and I'm still getting used to things. I met about 100 people today and it was a little exhausting. The introvert in me was slightly overwhelmed. I just feel so awkward when I first meet people. I'm not good at making small talk with strangers. I'll be glad when I get to know everyone and I'm more comfortable. Tonight I came home and crashed.

I really hope to write a few things more exciting than a recap of my day, but I've just been too tired lately to put any of my thoughts into words. I'm also struggling with how much I want to share here. Once I get that balance figured out, I do have a few things to get out of my head.

Comments

Popular Posts