A Perfect Ending

Okay, where were we. On Thursday, we went to the Grand Cayman Islands. The water was the most beautiful, jewel-toned color I have ever seen.

We spent the day at the beach soaking up the sun. I had a book to read, but why would I take my eyes away from this to read?


I did rent a kayak for an hour and Stef and I kayaked. It was a lot more work than kayaking in a river, but I'm glad I did it.


This was one of my favorite days on the cruise. I'm a beach bum and the white sand beaches were beautiful. I could have spent a week here and been perfectly happy. It was a beautiful day in paradise!

I don't have any pictures from that night, but after dinner we went to the top deck and played cards. I believe that was the night Stef flipped her chair over and someone asked us if we were drunk (we weren't). We spent that night laughing until our sides hurt and it was good for my soul.

The next day was Cozumel. I was expecting Cozumel to be very touristy, which it was. But I was surprised how pretty the water was. I really liked the Mexico vibe; I felt a little closer to home!

We took a taxi to a public beach and spent the day in the sun again. The beach was very pretty, but it wasn't white sands like Grand Cayman.


It wouldn't' be any fun without a cheesy photo op. Katie looks like she should be in a shampoo commercial.


After our last day at the beach, we headed back to the ship. 
Stef and Amanda's sad faces because we're headed home.

All week long, the cruise entertainment was terrible. So were were skeptical, but decided to go to the hypnotist show. It turned out to be hilarious! All of the participants were volunteers from the audience and I can't believe the things they did. At one point, they were wondering around the audience looking for their belly buttons. I started pointing at Stef and yelling "she has it!". The look of panic on Stef's face was priceless. 

The next day was a full day at sea before we made it to Galveston. Of course, we spent it by the pool.

That night we watched the sunset and it was a perfect ending to a great week. 

Later in the evening, I went out to the deck and the oil rigs dotting the horizon looked like Christmas lights twinkling in the night. We were close to home. 

I reflected on what a great week it had been. A week to step back and get away from everything was so refreshing for me. I sat there in the dark and thanked God for giving me time away. Out there in the ocean, all my worries seemed so small. I couldn't help but wonder what God thinks of my worrying. 

I'm grateful for the beautiful sights, perfect weather, laughter and most importantly, the precious friends I shared the week with. I am truly blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts