Christmas & a T.V. List

It's been a busy week around here. I've had some fun projects going on at work. I love that I have the opportunity to learn new things at my new job. At home, I've been checking off a lengthy to-do list all week. With the cruise, my birthday and then Thanksgiving, I've let things pile up and now I'm trying to get a handle on it all before the Christmas craziness begins.

I will consider it a success when I finally get my Christmas tree up, which I'm planning on doing Sunday afternoon. I'm finally getting in the Christmas mood. Last night I listened to Christmas music on the radio and kind of liked it. Then I took Parys to a Christmas parade downtown and felt a little more Christmasy when we left.

Completely off the Christmas subject...in between checking off lists, I have squeezed in a little t.v.-watching. Okay, maybe t.v.-watching was actually on my list. Because I know this is life-changing information, here are my favorite shows right now. (currently airing)

1. Parenthood. This show has a great cast and who doesn't want to be a Braverman? I also like Ray Romano playing a serious role and I hope he sticks around, although I love Jason Ritter too, so I don't know!

2. Nashville. I was a fan of Connie Britton as Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights, and now Rayna James is starting to grow on me. On a side note, I've been told by a few people that I look like Connie Britton, but I'm just not seeing it.

3. Teen Mom 2. Yes, I was tempted to omit this, but I promised to be authentic here in the Joy Journal. This stuff is so funny, you can't even make it up. Erin and I were laughing so hard this week when Jenelle was informing her attorney she couldn't go to jail for probation violation said week because she had front row seats to the Kesha concert. I mean, she even got feathers in her hair for the concert! Even if you don't watch the show, look up that clip for a good laugh.

4. Duck Dynasty. Yes, I considered omitting this one as well, but I'm an honest person. I stumbled on this show last year and couldn't look away. With the redneck nicknames and tricked-out deer stands, the Robertsons strangely remind me of my extended family. And hey, who doesn't love Si?

And that's all the television I'm watching these days. I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a couch potato, even if I do have it on my to-do list.

Comments

Popular Posts