The big one

I turned 30 on Monday. I'm not sure how that happened because I never thought life existed past 29.

But I was relieved to find out it does.

I closed out my twenties with a weekend in Dallas with my girlfriends. We met up in downtown McKinney where we had lunch and browsed shops on the square. The McKinney square reminded me so much of Stars Hollow, I was sure we would find Luke's. I was charmed by this town and would like to go back sometime.

After that, we drove to our hotel and freshened up. Then we went to a fabulous sushi restaurant called Shensei.

The weather was perfect and we sat on this patio surrounded by walls on all sides that blocked the wind. 


The patio was dim, the lights overhead were sparkly, and the company was perfect. 
The next day, Erin and I spent the entire day shopping. We are the perfect shopping partners because we like the same stores, we don't rush each other, and we're honest with feedback on outfits. Erin says she loves shopping with me because it's never boring. I may or may not have gotten a ring stuck on my finger at Nordstrom. But no worries, I got it off, no thanks to Erin who hid out as the friendly saleswomen lathered my finger in hand sanitizer.

 My birthday fell on a Monday, so I took the day off work. Because there's no way I was working on my 30th birthday. I ran errands all day with Katy, then went to the gym.

That evening, we went to Haley and Steven's house for a birthday dinner with my framily (family + friends like family). The girls transformed Haley's patio into an autumn wonderland and I was completely blown away. There were twinkling lights, candles, curtains and fire pits. It was beautiful.
Haley has a better picture I need to steal from her, but this is the best I have. 

After dinner, we sat around the fire, drinking hot cider and talking on into that Monday night. I couldn't have asked for a better evening to celebrate. 


My weekend was so busy, I didn't have much time for reflection on this new decade. My twenties looked different than I expected and I've learned to be okay with that. I know my thirties will hold heartaches and disappointments, surprises and joy as much as the last decade. 

I think my wish for this new chapter is to embrace it all with arms open and to rest in knowing God is good through every season.

God is good and I am blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts