What Did I Just Do???

What? Did I really just start a blog on a whim at 10:30 at night? All I intended to do is watch Netflix and somehow I ended up here, with no idea what I'm doing! Okay, well, I guess for a first blog post, I should say a little something about myself. This really makes me laugh because IF anyone ever sees this blog, it's people who already know all about me. But, friends and family, just pretend you don't know me...

I am currently a 28 year old, living with a great roommate/best friend named Erin. I have been unemployed for four months now and am starting to freak out a little about that. I lost my job of 5 years completely unexpectedly due to budget cuts. So the last four months have involved a lot of soul searching and asking myself what I want to do with my life. While I'm dreaming about my ideal job, the bills are coming and I have to find something, anything, very quickly.

A lot of my blog posts these days may be a little heavy because of what's going on in my life. But I want to be real. I won't blog sunshine and roses if that isn't what I'm honestly feeling. I'm also trying with all that's in me to find joy right now, even in the hard things. I believe God gives joy, even here. You just have to search for it. That's why I'm starting this blog. I want to record all the ways God has given me joy even in the midst of trials, even when I have a hard time grasping it. I hope the Joy Journal will help me to see joy, to write it down and to remember it when the days are hard.

I think that's a nice place to end my first entry in the Joy Journal. More about me tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts