Going Stir-Crazy

Since I lost my job, I've obviously been on a tight budget. So I've cut out absolutely any unnecessary spending. While I'm proud of myself for how frugal I've been the last four months, I've finally reached the point that I'm going stir crazy. At first, the time off was actually kind of nice. It had been so long since I'd had a break, it was nice to finally slow down and kind of regroup.

But now? I'm ready to DO something! Mostly I want to hit the open road and get out of town. When I get some money coming in and have a normal schedule again, I want to spend a couple weekends in Dallas shopping like mad with my friends Stef and Katie. I want to eat at new places and get pedicures.


I want to run a 5k or 10k somewhere fun. 


 I want to make a quick trip to Georgia to see my sister. 


And in the spring, I want to spend a weekend in the hill country when the wildflowers are blooming.


For now, the closest I'll get to any of those things is dreaming about it in blogland. Here's to hoping when those opportunities do come around, I'll take a moment to reflect and cherish them a little more. 

Comments

Popular Posts