When you have to make do...

Fall, glorious fall is here!

On Friday, it was 92 degrees. I met my friend Pam for lunch and we sat on the patio, trying to pretend there was a hint of fall in the air. I was very doubtful of the weekend weather forecast, calling for a high of 56 degrees.

But what do you know, the forecast was right! Saturday morning was so exciting, it felt like waking up on Christmas Day. The most I hoped for was a cool breeze, but dare I say it was a little chilly. Break out the pumpkin spice!

Oh, the wardrobe options I had, and it was finally boot weather! Everywhere I went, it seemed like everyone had their favorite fall outfits on, those outfits just waiting for the first cool day.

And then there were a few who were dressed for a blizzard. I couldn't help but laugh at a guy who was bundled up in a heavy coat, collar pulled up and wearing a toboggan. Let's not get carried away...

Sunday turned out to be an exact copy of Saturday. It was a perfect weekend.

I am so glad the cool weather is here. But when it's cool, if I'm at home, I'm bundled up in a blanket, sitting by a fireplace or a space heater (yes, I know they're fire hazards). This weekend, I was house-sitting at a large, drafty house where I had none of those options, so I had to make do. Erin sent me a text message saying she couldn't resist, she had to start the fireplace without me. I texted her back and told her I was jealous because I was currently sitting in front of a blow dryer reading a book.

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that's a true story, ya'll.

Anyway, it's supposed to get a little warmer this week, but I think fall is finally here to stay for a while. I plan to enjoy every single minute of it!








Comments

Popular Posts