Boy or Girl?

So, you know what isn't a good idea? Going to Canton Trade Days in the pouring rain.

And you know what else isn't a good idea? Walking a quarter of a mile in the rain after you realize you've parked in the wrong place and you're too cheap to pay five more dollars for parking.

I've had Canton on my to-do list for a while now and I had decided Saturday was the day. Yes, rain was in the forecast but I thought it would be fine if we dressed appropriately and at least it would be cooler, right? So Mom and I made the drive out there on Saturday morning, walked the quarter mile from the wrong parking lot and joined the sea of people.

 Oh my word. I knew Canton would be crowded since it was October, but I seriously underestimated how crowded. Since it was raining, everyone was under the pavilions and it was a shoulder-to-shoulder mass of people everywhere you turned. We couldn't look at anything. And if you wanted to order food? Get ready for at least a 20 minute wait in line.

And I can't count how many booths were selling mass-produced signs with cutesy sayings or something with rhinestones or ruffles or feathers or camo. I saw a lot of stuff that looked like something Honey Boo Boo would wear. Not exactly what I was looking for .

But enough about the negative, this is the joy journal. Overall, we enjoyed the day. We spent quality time together and I did find a few fun little things.

I bought some vintage dish towels I've been looking for. I've looked at similar styles on Etsy and they were always about $10 per towel. I found a booth at Canton selling them for $3 per towel! I know it's odd that I would be excited about dish towels, but it's always the little things that make my day. Sorry, I should have taken a picture.

After we left the Trade Days, we went to this store called Laurie Anna's Vintage Home. They have tons of shabby chic style home decor items and they really do a great job displaying everything. I'm not a huge fan of shabby chic, but I like little touches of it.

 I bought a pretty little tea cup that I am using as a coffee mug since I don't usually drink tea. I also bought a little round hanging chalkboard that was only four dollars. I can't even make one for that price, so that was a good deal. I'm thinking about hanging it on my gallery wall in my living room.

They also had a cute vintage-style Christmas banner that I passed up, but I haven't stopped thinking about it, so I may stop by the next time I go to Dallas and get it.

At the check out counter, they were selling chalkboard markers. I snatched up a few of those because they are very hard to find these days. If you've never used a chalkboard marker, they basically look like paint pens that you can use on a chalkboard. They're much easier to write with than traditional chalk.

Saturday night was the reveal party for Steven and Haley. I'll save the suspense. They're having a boy! I'm so excited and pretty surprised. I just knew it would be a girl, but a boy will be SO fun. The party was really fun and the hostess did a great job. They had a cravings table set up with all of the foods Haley is craving. Green olives and dill pickles? No, but thank you. I was a little disappointed she didn't have any sweet cravings.

We also wore clothespins with a pink bow or blue bow, depending on our guess. It was pretty divided, but there were slightly more girl votes than boy votes. And we had our pictures taken with pink bow ties or blue bow ties.For the record, I feel like a traitor because I didn't place a boy vote. Baby Rollins, I will love you just as much!

For the reveal, Haley and Steven bit into cake balls. It was pretty anticlimactic because they were so sure they were having a boy. They were just like, "Oh yeah, I knew it". But it was still very exciting and I'm so happy for them. It will be so much fun to have this baby around.

On Sunday, I had to work at the jewelry store. It was really busy because someone called in sick. We closed at 6:30 and I went home, put on my pajamas and parked it on the couch.

Erin had made chicken chili and we watched three episodes of 90210. We have been watching 90210 for a long time and we're down to season 6. I love the cheesy lines and laughing at the 90's clothing and hairstyles. And after all these years, I still have a crush on Dylan McKay. I'm not sure what we'll do when we've finished the series. I'm sure we'll have a period of mourning, just like we did when we finished Gilmore Girls.

It was a lovely weekend and now it's time to start the week. Hope I make it productive!


Comments

Popular Posts