My phone is terminal

I've been denying it for months, but it's time to face the facts. My iphone is dying. I really can't complain because it's lived a long life.

I've never used a case, I've dropped it possibly a million times over the last few years and it's never cracked. But a few weeks ago, I dropped it as I was getting out of the car. It was such a light drop, not very far, but I picked it up and the screen was shattered. However, it still worked, so I thought I could get a few more months out of it. Who cares about a cracked screen, anyway? That just gives it character, much like the creases beginning to grace my forehead.

Then last night I dropped it again and the screen displayed a message saying the sim card was not installed. I could receive calls and text messages, but I couldn't send anything out. Mind you, I can go all day without getting a call, but for the next hour my phone was blowing up and I couldn't reply to anybody. Now I know how it felt to live in pioneer times.

Anyway, after about an hour, it started working again, so I think I'll try to make it another month before I buy a new phone. It's not that the phone itself will be that expensive, but then I have to buy a new charger, cover, screen protector, pay all those fees, sign my name in blood and before you know it, I've dropped 400 bucks.

But for now, I'm still rockin' the 3G. I think it has one more crash left in it.

Comments

Popular Posts