Skills in which I'm lacking

Well, nothing terribly exciting has been going on around here. I've actually had free time lately, which is rare, and I hardly know what to do with myself. I've been reading, laying by the pool and catching up with friends. I know, it's a hard life. But I know this little break from the busy won't last long, so I'm trying to enjoy it and not feel guilty.

On Friday night, I helped the Hassell family, some of my favorite people, set up for a garage sale. Then on Saturday morning, I helped them with the sale a little, went to the gym, then spent the afternoon at the pool with my friend Mallory. It was a wonderful, lazy summer day.

When I woke up on Sunday, it was raining and Erin was out of town, so I had the house all to myself. I decided to stay home from church and just enjoy a lazy morning. I opened the windows so I could hear the rain and sat on the couch all morning. The solitude was exactly what I needed, but I have to admit, I was a little stir-crazy by the time the day was over.

In other news, I potted my hydrangeas and have given them lots of water. They are looking great and I think for once a plant may actually like me.

I've known for a long time that I don't have a green thumb; many plants have died from my negligence. But now I'm finally willing to admit there's another talent I will never master, and that's grilling. I tried to grill some chicken and fresh squash from my garden for dinner last night and burned it crisp. This would not even be close to the first time I've done that and I've finally decided I don't have the patience or attention span for grilling. I'll just stick with baking.

Anyhow, that's all the exciting news around here. I've got a busier week coming up, but glad I had a week of rest.


Comments

Popular Posts